Queens College Library (QCL) was first opened in 1955 in Klapper Hall. In 1988, the library moved to the newly constructed Benjamin S. Rosenthal library building, named for the New York Congressman and consumer advocate who died in 1983. The library, a hub of student and faculty research, contains over 840,000 volumes, one million plus ebooks, over 59,000 ejournals, and more than 86,000 streaming video. The music library, the largest music collection in the CUNY system, is located on two levels in the Aaron Copland School of Music building.
Queens College Library facilitates creativity and intellectual inquiry in support of research, study, teaching, and the pursuit of knowledge.
The Library will be a user-centric hub for information, learning and creativity that engages the campus and the broader community.